For the past few years I have been teaching various clients how to use Social Media.
- Knowing the ins and outs of the social media marketing landscape.
- Where and how to find their target market.
- Becoming savvy at developing the right message.
- Creating custom and eye-catching visual ads to emphasize their message.
- Link-building strategies to drive their customers exactly where they want them to be.
Having a grasp of all things social is wonderful – but it’s only a drop in the bucket.
For 2021 our focus is on Social SERVICE, not Social MEDIA.
- What do you do with your potential or existing customers when they find or return to your website?
- How are you engaging with them online?
- Is your social media or website structured to provide immediate feedback when your customers require it?
- Do you follow up with a personal “touch” via a phone call, direct email or letter?
- Do you truly know and understand your client needs?
Social SERVICE (consumer focused) approach:
I LIKE when I stumble upon a piece that has value to ME. I like when a business has taken the time to craft a well written and visual promotional piece that actually offers ME something worthwhile. A piece that makes ME say “I just learned something new!” A piece that entertained ME. I want to be left with the impression – if I do business with this group, I’m getting my money’s worth.
Social MEDIA (business focused) approach:
- Don’t tell me why your product or service is better than anyone else’s. Instead – tell me what makes your product or service unique.
- Don’t criticize your competition by saying “things they should not do”. Instead – boast/highlight the great things that YOU do.
- Don’t cram another e-book or download to occupy my computer’s space. Instead – ask my permission to share what you have to offer with me.
- Don’t send me a group or auto email after I have engaged with you! Instead – send me a well crafted personalized message for ME.
- Don’t ignore my attempts to engage with you socially or via your site. Instead – acknowledge that you have received my inquiry.
If you want to be successful in social media, you have to build up your social currency. – Scott Stratten
Build your currency by investing the time and resources to be TRULY social both on and offline.
Put out useful information that offers a solution to a need for your target market. When you have captured your audience, engage with them and show your gratitude by offering them the BEST customer experience.
Be proactive about following through with online or offline inquiries. Tweet back replies to those who Tweet out. Leave replies to those who have commented on your Facebook. Write responses to those who have sent you a message via LinkedIn. Etc.
Be sure to THANK your clients for choosing your business. Follow up! Ask for feedback regarding their experience conducting business with you. Offer an incentive toward their next purchase of a product or service. (Know your customer enough to appreciate what they purchased from you and offer LIKE products or additional services that will FURTHER benefit meeting their need).